1. Pinehurst NC - with the Famous Pinehurst Resort at its centrepiece, there is endless history and great golf in and around Pinehurst. Mid Pines, Southern Pines and Tobacco Road are high on the list of must play venues. Casual nights out in Pinehurst village are food for the soul of a golf tragic.
2. Monterey CA - A must do destination for any golf junky, its not cheap but with Pebble Beach, Spyglass Hill, MPCC and Cypress Point how can you not spend a few days in paradise?
3. Bandon Dunes OR - you have to be determined to get to Bandon - but its worth it once you get there. There are almost no links courses in the US, this rustic resort is your chance to play some bump n runs and super low iron shots. With 6 courses its a perfect golfing week!
4. Scottsdale AZ - With a bunch of great desert golf courses, a fantastic climate Scottsdale is a must do. The unique thing about golfing here is that unlike most other great golf destinations you have all the convenience of a big city right on your doorstep.
5. Streamsong Resort FL - A trio of world class designers have created a unique destination on a dead flat sandy site in central Florida. Doak, Coore/Crenshaw and Hanse are the big 3 of modern design, all is one place, with a five star hotel attached - how good!
6. Sawgrass FL - We all know about Sawgrass, Pete & Alice Dye's monster, purchased for a dollar raised up from a swamp, but there is some great golf nearby, combine this with a lovely climate and a beachside vibe and you have a winning combination.
7. Myrtle Beach NC - Its you are looking to play loads of golf and don't want to break the bank this is the place to go. Many of the resorts work together to provide package deals, and there's nightlife galore. A great place to visit.
8. Palm Springs CA - With over 200 courses in the valley, you can get all the golf you want, along with history and fantastic resorts. Bob Hope and the rat pack put this place on the map, you can visit restaurants where they played gigs and soak up the art deco surrounds.
9. Charleston SC - Charleston is one of Americas best destinations, add to this some great local tracks and the Kiawah Island Resort and its famous Ocean Course and you have a fantastic destination for golf, food, and history.
10. Maui HAW - Combine a beach resort with excellent golf and you have a great golf destination. The is one must-play venue, the Plantation Course at Kapalua, recently revamped by Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw.